Google

martedì 1 gennaio 2008

Interview with Sergei Sviatchenko


''7225''from series LESS 2,2006,collage, © Sergei Sviatchenko

q)Name?

a)Sergei Sviatchenko

q)Location?

a) Viborg, Denmark

q)Contact info…?

a)
www.sviatcenko.dk
art@postkasse.com


q)How did you get started making art?

a)I was born in the family, where art and architecture books and magazines were my first toys. My father was a professor of architecture and artist and my very first things were made under his influence and presence.
After graduation from Kharkov Academy of Art and Architecture in 1975 I have worked as a practical architect, in 1983-1986 studied PhD “Means of Visual Information in Architecture” at Kiev School of Architecture.
From 1988 work fool time as a visual artist and curator.

q)How would you describe your art?

a)Art is the process for me, where news, ideas, emotions, feelings and doubts feed into my mind, and then develop into the finished artwork. Collage, photography, film are the most useful visual elements in my communication with the world.

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a)Mostly my influences are from other creative people who share my ideas. A few magazines, books, films and many other things you see every day, and of course, rock music.

q)What other artists inspire you?

a)My father – architect and great watercolour artist. My teachers at architecture school – you realize later in life just how good many of them were. The Russian avant-garde(1910-1934): Ivan Leonidov, Konstantin Melnikov, El Lissitzky, Alexander Rodchenko, Vladimir Majakowski, Vladimir Tatlin. From the West – Salvador Dali, Robert Raushenberg, Tom Wesselmann,Josef Beuys, Julian Schnabel, Andrey Tarkovsky.

''4030''from series LESS, 2004, collage, © Sergei Sviatchenko


q)Where can someone purchase your works?

a)It depends of medium

q)What is your main medium of choice?

a)It depends of the period of time

q)What are you working on now?


a)Show (paintings) at Gallery NB (Denmark)
show (collage and photography) at Gallery Image (Denmark)
group show ROJO®out II in Barcelona
commission work (large scale collage) for Danish buisness academy.

q)What advice could you give to someone who wants to be an artist?

a)To look a lot of art magazines/freeze,artforum,...and work with a big enthusiasm.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a)Creating creative relation with my 3 kids, family.



''7236''from series LESS 2,2006,collage, © Sergei Sviatchenko

q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)I can not live without

q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Art gives me a posibility to try to understand other people .



''4018''from series LESS, 2004, collage, © Sergei Sviatchenko

q)Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?

a)

www.senko.dk

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page