Google

martedì 13 novembre 2007

Interview with Greg Latch

q)Something on you ….i had a step son killed in the air force and a sister to to die
a)When I was 8.
q) When did you start to make art?
a)My uncle with downs syndrome found out my grandfather was teaching me to paint and would beat me up if I did not draw comic book super heros for him.
q)Explain your inspiration?

a) I just work I usually don’t need a great inspiration.It just comes out….and wont stop even if I want it too.

q) In what way does your inspiration transform into ideas?

a)I want to start with an idea but my mind will do what it wants...if it’s a picture of some one I can control that but even then the idea becomes twisted..

q) Could your ideas be portrayed in any other medium? If so which?

a)The idea of course but then it would become surreal in more ways than one...film.

q) What does being an artists mean to you?

a)A chance to be by myself and go into myself deeper and be surprised at what come out…

q) When does your art become successful?

a)That’s not up to me…or is it?

q) Who prices your work? And how is the price decided upon?

a)I have never been good at that as most artist will say but I judge on the other people I’m in a show with I don’t want to insult them by having the price 6,000 next to someone showing at 600..

q) What is your next; move,project,show etc?

a)I have had a show in new york now so I’m thinking LA or Miami I would like to go out of the States but that’s a little to much right now. I’m having a show at our museum on the 14th of dec.

q) What are the pros and cons of the art market?

a)Depends on the stage your at…if you not making money is different from if you are...you really don’t want to think about that until you have your own style because that is the thing…your own style.

q) Which pieces would you like to be remembered for?

a)the ones on wood…

q) Who has been the biggest influence on you?

a)Ray paul not because of style
q)Other visual artists that you like…

a)I refuse to answere this on the grounds that I might have stolen something…heh heh

q) How much do you think hype affects the public perception of what good art is?

a)The average person a lot…someone into art not that much because it’s like recordes you want to be the first to see or hear something no one else has..

q) Last CD you downloaded ?

a)I would never steal music but stumpbroke wrote a classical number about mu dad and I had to steal that because we are on the outs right now,,oh and tribal styles.

q) What makes you happy?

a)Simple things...food. My walks to my studio in ybor,,my dogs in the back yard with my wife .Working out on the heavy bag doing wing chung chi kung ect.

q) What makes you sad?

a)Thinking about the people that are no longer here Casey ,Donnie, my dad ect..

q) Last book you read?

a) Keith Latch ghost story...Bruce Campbells b movie actor sectret garden that’s last month I try to read three at a time and leave them in different places. Like the car studio ect..

q) What else do like other than art?

a)Kicking people off my land in Mississippi when I go to see my mom who are killing deer…

q) Final thoughts...

a)Think any one will read this? Thanks for this chance to get it out there...also I’m attempting to start a web show about art...stay tuned should be fun and we have guests

q)Your contacts…

a) I want to keep it just me to contact I have tried agents and what not greg@latchart.com













0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page