Google

lunedì 1 ottobre 2007

Interview with Andrej Mussa

ANDREJ MUSSA. " Writer of images. "
…He lives, works dreaming between Como and Milano.

www.ajmussa.com
aj_mussa@yahoo.it


q)HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH YOUR CONCEPTS ?

a)Mine is a journey over time,started as a painter,then as an illustrator and comics maker,and eventually creative director.I've always loved illustrated stories,fairy tales,cartoons and now cinema.
Why not using a sequence or images to tell every day life?Thats how,little by little,building,shaping,reinventing news items together with comics,leterature,photography,the style I use to create my works was born....


q)DESCRIBE YOUR CREATIONS IN A CLEAR; CONCISE AND UNDERSTANDABLE SENTENCE. WHAT DO YOU CALL THEM ?

a) If we study minute by minute our actions,our movements,our words,we realize we create a sequential stories every day.
Our stories are analyzed and sectioned.
I can affirm our lives are drawn and told as a cartoon..
My works can quietly be defined:SEQUENTIAL NOVELS

q)WHAT OTHER MEDIUMS WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXPLORE IN YOUR IMAGE MAKING?

a)Today I explore all the mass media available,everything can give me imputs and inspiration...though the internet and news items are the ones that more than anything give me inspiration and material for my works


q)WHAT ARE YOUR ARTISTIC INFLUENCES ?...AND...GENERALLY WHO OR WHAT INFLUENCES YOU THE MOST ?

a)Illustrated stories,comics and cinema are my main source of inspiration,that today with news items as my inspiring muse allow me to create always new and different things.I consider W. Eisner and B. Bozzetto two masters of synthesis and narration,who are liable to tell a news item or a story with a few sequences.Synthesis is foundamental for not annoying and losing the reader.
I can affirm W. Disney and Kubrick are the greatest story tellers with the use of images of all times.the first ten minutes of Kubrick's 2001 space odissey are pure and absolute videoart.
With the introduction of sound I consider cinema the complete,total art! No way to go beyond.
Cinema contains every art,it's extraordinary how it can merge them together in order to create a unique,sublime work.
Space is its limit,the medium it expresses itself is still limited by a defined,closed space.but this unfortunately is the limit of art in general,it can't get out and communicate out of defined spaces...music perhaps..yes! only music is liable to go beyond,to skim the infinite...it doesn't need any space to express itself.

1 Commenti:

Alle 22 ottobre 2007 alle ore 07:00 , Blogger Meghan McKee ha detto...

These are beautiful and i love your interviews. Keep up the amazing work. I look forward to reading more of your blogs

 

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page