Google

lunedì 18 aprile 2016

Interview with Alan Spazzali










q)Please introduce yourself and tell us something about yourself and your background

a)I was born in Trieste (Italy).I am a dutch citizen from italian origin and actually I live
in Barcelona Spain.
I acquired my bachelors Degree from the Ecole Nacionale Superieur
des Beaux-Arts and the Ecole des Arts Decoratief in Paris and a I get post graduation course
in the Rietveld Modern Art Academy in Amsterdam.
I have exposed in diferent countries as,Usa,Benelux,Greece,Cuba,England,Germany,Russia, China ,
France.


q) Talk about your art.

a)I began to use photography as a complement to my painting . My specialization in advertising photography and graphics , introduced me to the world of individual creation .
I have used various styles and materials, all of them expressing their affinity for the forefront and always consistent visual as an artist. Currently my work is characterized its symbolic style , believing that the emotional message of an image can tell a story
I am making an Enlightenment Capsule for the audience to meditate inside — virtual reality in which people can experience ideas . . .
I want to connect with contemporary life through the technology we have now.
I paint fragments with varied levels of connection to reality. Within that parameter I am probing relationships between connection and separation, similarity and difference, image and self.
I usually don't plan things in advance; I just let it happen,sometimes waiting, sometimes wandering around until the right moment arrives. It arrives when I feel the energy, accumulated from that precise time and place, in my body. Then I immediately start a work.


q) What’s the central theme of your work


a)I do not have a central theme. I am somehow chamaleontic. I like to switch styles, depending from my moods. I can pass easily from minimalistic to futurístic or other styles.

q) your most beautiful dream


a)My most beautiful dream? To wake up after a cryogenics in 2300

q) your worst nightmare

a)My worst nightmare? Not to be able to remember


q) Best way to spend a day off?

a)Creating exploring and experimenting


q) who, what inspires you ....

a)Max Ernst is one of my inspirational artists, but also Mirò for my minimalistic Works.


q) books that you love…

a)I love Asimov Clarke and all the classic science FI writers of the 50ies. As well philosophy as Witgestein and theoretic philosophy.


q)music…artists….that you love

a)I am very eclectic in music. I love Laurie Anderson,Paolo Nutini,The Lumineers but i can switch to jazz (Carmen Mac Rae,Nina Simone ) or Opera and classic music

q) What are you really excited about right now?

a)Preparing my new art project


q)your current projects…



a)I am exposing in Rome in a show called CosmoGrafie in may 7th. After that i have to new shows one Eroticamente in Naples and one called alter egos in New York


q)your future projects….


a)My upcoming new projects is a multimedia sculpture I am preparing for a show in Saint Petersburg ( new Version of la “Maya desnuda of Goya” and a collaboration with another artist that I have met on my last Biennale in Buenos Aires Jarr from Valencia Spain


q) Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)The biggest concentration is to be found on those links:
http://www.premioceleste.it/artista-ita/idu:92580/
http://alanspazzali.wix.com/alan-spazzali
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130243278@N02/


q) Final words?


a)I will use 2 quotes of Nietzche : “We have art in order not to die of the truth.” And “You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”

1 Commenti:

Alle 18 aprile 2016 alle ore 10:17 , Blogger alanspazzali ha detto...

great thanks a lot

 

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page