Google

domenica 29 marzo 2015

Interview with Eddy Bogaert







q)Walk us through an intimate day in your life




a)" well, I don't know how intimate You want me to be ...but let me walk you inside the rabbit hole, but be warned im not going to keep it PG-13. 
It's winter time in New York City and its awful, it's so cold outside that dogs stick to the fire hydrants. Nevertheless, the show must go on. At the studio I turn up the heart to full blast, which at times feels like it's not warm enough. Grab a cub of coffee, some times I'll add some sambuca or baileys depending on the mood, and look at the canvas and start really going at it. then I'll grab another canvas and start painting on that one, I some times paint 2 -4 paintings at the same time since I have to wait for one to dry to keep on going. 
I turn the lights off and turn on the black light and I start to add more paint on the canvas. My work is very much based on emotions and my perspective on reality, sex, lust, desire and love. Which I use the light as a medium to help portray . This process will take days,weeks,months to finish...some times I feel like it's never finished. 
Time passes by and day time becomes night and I'm still in the studio. A few sexy models come by and keep me company and chat about life and everything in between. Some times we have some great sex, it helps to get me inspired. 
Some times I just go out to some bars or clubs to get inspired to see people and be around them, what can I say I'm a people person. Some times I go to some museums to get inspired and see some great masters and some times I just have to walk down the street and see some great art. 




q) Where did you grow up/where do you live now and how does that contribute to your art?




a)Very good question, I'm a man of the world. Was born in New York City then this is when things get complicated, I lived in Torremolinos Spain and then lived in Stanford Connecticut , my aunt and uncle had a place on 38th and 1 in Manhattan as well so I was back and forth between New York and Connecticut. They also moved to Old Greenwich for a little bit before moving to Boca Raton Florida. At that time I then moved to Dominican Republic with my mother for a few years then moved to Boca Raton with my aunt and uncle until they couldn't handle me and I was sent to boarding school in Long Island. 
They ended up moving back up to Connecticut and buying a new apartment on 116 Central Park south, which was where i stayed when I had open weekends, which means when I could go home. I after high school I ended up going to temple university for international business and Latin American studies in Philadelphia. After three years I dropped out of college and went down to Orlando to be with my dying mother. After I was spotted to model and ended up in New York City  which is where I still live now. And to answer you question the answer is "yes" all this moving and traveling has influenced me in many ways 




q) What is your earliest memory that propelled you to create?




a)I still remember , running around my mother's apartment and painting on the walls, and hiding it with white toothpaste,come on of course that makes sense to a 4 year old." My mom won't see it if it's covered in tooth paste...right." Well she would see it and it was a slap on my butt...being a rebel is still happening to this day...I just do it in a wiser way. I really started painting seriously when I got out of jail if you want to hear more about it send me an email eddybogaert007@gmail.com lll reply back to you and tell you more about it if your interested 




q) Tell us a little bit about your creative process.




a)It all starts with a thought a word a sentence that will be the beginning of the art piece. Then comes the magic, my mind goes a million miles an hour and I think of everything and nothing at the same times creating chaos in its purest form but the i slow down and add symbolism and matter and turn the lights off and turn the black lights on and start over and this might go for months or says or hours but at the end of my process I feel like there is balance in my work, hence my style is called " chaotic balance" 



q) How do you wish for your art to be perceived? 



a)My art can be perceived in many ways since I combine different elements that at times contradict. I mix abstract expressionist , and Pop-art and street art all mixed into one so in short you can perceive it in more ways than one , im just showing you the door and asking it to open it. 



q) What do your internal dialogues sound like?



a)My internal dialogue sounds like an erotic movie in where the woman is climaxing and scratching her partners back. As she moans louder and louder then she sees my face. And falls in love at end. That's how I want you to feel when you see my art work.



q) Do you feel that there are limitations to what you want to create?



a)No ,the mind is limitless and the soul is eternal ,so when combined together and it creates art so I might not be able to make the 16 chapels, in what the world in a box might think of it but I can create something like it in my own mind.



q) Do you feel art is vital to survival and if so, why?



a)I painted all my life, just didn't think that I would wake up one day and say " this is is what I am going todo for the rest of my life..." I did it as a hobby ,just for the love of it. Nevertheless, it became a real part of me when I came out of jail. I had all this pent up frustration, sadness an anger because I felt that I was judged unfairly and that I was in jail for a petty crime, don't get me wrong I am feeling really sad for my action but I didn't think it had to be punished this badly. So I painted to dilute the anger and sadness and frustration and it helped, it helped even better when people started to buy my art. Now it's totally the opposite it's happier and much more vivid and I have to thank art for helping me get through the tough times. It's been my heart, my brain and the reason to wake up every day.



q) Describe a world without art.



a)Have you seen the movie  equilibrium ? A world without emotions that's what I think the world would look like ...people walking around like zombies it's sad to even fathom a world that art is null because I Imagen it will regress us an erase the essence of what being human is.



q) Tell us a secret, and obsession.



a)I just finished fucking the living hell out of my girl, and her wife doesn't mind that's a little secret. My obsession is people I'm very gregarious and love being around people, I guess since I'm a only child without a father or a mother I guess that's why I am very interested in humanity and trying to help as much as I can




q) Where can people see more of your work on the internet?



&




 Instagram @eddybogaert007








My art fan page 


Instagram 
@eddybogaert007


Website





0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page