Google

lunedì 1 febbraio 2010

Interview with Angelo Nairod






q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself



a)I am a workaholic plastic doll.


q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?

a)I believe that the artist born ‘artist’ but also needs to grow as an artist. I always encouraged my creativity and my sense of inspiration. The art makes me feel free and alive. Art is my expiation and my condemnation: I know I’ll never be a normal person: I’ll be an artist.

q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?


a) Photography, just photography.


q) How would you describe your style?


a)As a pop-dark celebration of life, my art speaks about our world in a different perspective. I feel like a spider that looks at the human being from his planet and tries to analyze and criticize his behavior. The human being is like a TV show for the spider who considers him a little trash and ridiculous but at the same time cannot stop watching.


q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?


a)The first thing I do is to establish an idea, a concept on which I want to work and I shall feel great. So I think once the models, the trick is a very important thing for me and, of course, clothes. A dress sometimes makes the picture. Fashion is communication. Besides I'm obsessed with theatrics, I always liked the theater, so the expressions on the face of the model are the single most important thing for me - although they are not programmed, born on time and makes each image unique.

q) What are you working on at present?


a)Lately I'm giving great importance to the issue of homophobia because it is very current.


q) What about recent sources of inspirations?


a)My life is my main source of inspiration but also gossip and news are important elements.


q) What are some of your obsessions?


a)I can say I have two great obsessions: Santa Claus and the nuns. Both are present in many of my shots. This is the best time to explain the reasons. The first time I met Santa Claus, he was drunk, without pants and was humming something by Led Zeppelin. It wasn’t really a happy meeting. The nuns were always nasty to me, aren’t all so sweet and nice like in the movies: as teachers are terrible, I heard.


q) Which galleries have you shown at and which galleries would you like to show at?


a)I presented my gallery on the subject of anorexia in the public presentation of the novel by Nicola Lecca “The Body hated published by Mondadori. I took part in various shows including Love Art in Venice and the international exhibition Massenzio Arte in Rome. I'd like to expose the pictures that speak of homophobia in a big event. It would be a great achievement.


q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?


a)In the nicest possible way.


q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?


a)I still have a long way to go before giving advice.
q) Who are your favorite artists?



a)Elliot Erwitt, Miranda July, David Bowie.


q) What books are on your nightstand?


a)Oscar Wilde, JT Leroy, Raymond Carver and of course Harry Potter.


q) To what weaknesses are you most indulgent?


a)Lust.


q)….your contacts…


a)http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelo_nairod/

http://www.facebook.com/angelo.nairod?ref=profile

angelonairod@hotmail.it


0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page