Google

mercoledì 16 settembre 2009

Interview with Miguel Paredes





q) Please tell us a brief info about yourself.


a)New Yorker, now live in Miami.


q) Tell us about your humble beginnings, when did you first realize that you wanted to be an artist?


a)Dad was an Artist, and I’ve been painting my entire life as long as I can remember.


q) What are your tools of the trade and why?


a)Brushes.


q) Who or what gives you inspiration on your morbid art?


a)Dali, Ron English


q) Is your artistic background self-taught or did you go to college to study?


a)Fiorello La Guardia Of Music and Art and then a year in here and there in college

I did an apprenticeship for 5yrs with Paul Kus learned everything with him.


q) How do you keep “fresh” within your industry?


a)Open minded and I stick to my style.


q) What are some of your current projects?


a)Art Basel 2010 in Miami Beach


q) Which of your works are you the most proud of? And why?


a)Los Niño’s 2008 all portraits of my children


q) Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, and projects in your field that you have yet to try?


a)I am looking into doing monumental size mural and sculptures.


q) What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?


a)I take a break and put the brushes when I need to, I haven’t painted in 2 months

I start tomorrow.


q) How do you spend most of your free time?


a)With the wife and kids.


q) What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you?


a)I admire all artists and respect their work, I like public projects.


q) We really like some of your pictures, how can we get our hands on them? Do you sell them? How?


a) www.miguelparedes.com or my manager sam@paredespublishing.com

And yes I sell my art I have only a few originals available @ the moment everything else is sold

That’s why I start painting again tomorrow.

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page