Google

lunedì 25 maggio 2009

Interview with Oleg Dou





q)Please introduce yourself.


a)My name is Oleg Dou, I’m 25 years old artist.


q) Where do you live and work?


a)I was born In Moscow and I live and works there.


q) How would you describe your work to someone who has never seen it?


a)I’m do portraits that seems to have no emotions and looking like porceline dolls


q) How did you start in the arts? How/when did you realize you were an artist?


a)My mother was an artist and I spent a lot of time was looking of what she and other artists did. I always wanted to make my own works and it always was my hobby. I worked as a designer for a while when I was 19-20 years old. In the year 2005 I bought my first digital camera and started to do what I do now.


q) What are your favorite art materials and why?


a)My favourite material is peoples faces. I have a kind of passion for a faces


q) What/who influences you most?


a)I think it’s a world of massmedia


q) Describe a typical day of art making for you.


a)I have two variants. Sometimes I’m not in the mood and works just for 5 minuts a day.

Sometimes I’m into work an sit near computer all day forgetting about everything even the food.


q) Do you have goals, specific things you want to achieve with your art or in your career as an artist?


a)I’m inspired with early renessance artist and try to achieve their level at the same time I hope to become international wellknown artist oneday…


q) What contemporary artists or developments in art interest you?


a)I adore asian artists especially Japanese.


q) How long does it typically take you to finish a piece?


a)It usually takes about 3-5 weeks.


q) Do you enjoy selling your pieces, or are you emotionally attached to them?


a)Of course I’m happy that I have earnings from my works, but it is not a goal.

My works have an edition + artist proofs, so I always can keep a work.


q) Is music important to you? If so, what are some things you're listening to now?


a)I like different types of music, but prefer electronic styles


q) Books?


a)Different books from adventures to since


q) What theories or beliefs do you have regarding creativity or the creative process?


a)I do believe that everything is possible if you works hard


q) What do you do (or what do you enjoy doing) when you're not creating?


a)I meet with my friend, swimming, travelling…


q) Do you have any projects or shows coming up that you are particularly excited about?


a)Currently I’m in Seoul at my solo show opening. Also I’m working on new series and planning to show it at the beginning of the next year


q) Do you follow contemporary art scenes? If so, how? What websites, magazines, galleries do you prefer?


a)I visit a lot of countries and always try to visit several contemporary museums and galleries, also I’m reading art magazines and visit special websites for example www.openspace.ru


q) Ask yourself a question you'd like to answer, and answer it.


a)It is:

What question I want to answer? I don’t know J


q) Any advice for aspiring artists?


a)Believe in yourself and work hard for you ideas


q) Where can we see more of your work online?


a)You can check my website www.douart.ru

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page