Google

martedì 14 agosto 2007

Interview with James Jarvis

q)Tell me something about yourself….What’s your background…?

a)I am 36 years old. I was born in South London in 1970 and I live there still with my wife and daughter. I studied Illustration at Brighton University and the Royal College of Art. My best time for running a Marathon is 2 hours 35 minutes 33 seconds (Zurich 2006).

q)When growing what was the greatest force pushing you towards art?

a)My parents. They surrounded me with interesting culture from an early age.

q)Were you inspired/encouraged by any one person to pursue your craft?

a)Not one particular person.

q)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?

a)Modernist cartoon characters.

q)Are certains colours,shapes that you’re drawn to?

a)I think I prefer lines to shapes.

q)What other talent would you like most to have?

a)To run faster.

q)What’s your favourite mediums to work in/on?

a)Pen and paper.




q)What artists influence or have influenced you(these need not be visual artists)and how have they done so?

a)Charles Adams, Gustave Doré, Jean Dubuffet, Phillip Guston, Hergé, Tove Jansson, Paul Klee, Sol LeWitt, Mike McMahon, Morris, Müller-Brockman, Gary Panter, Alexander Rodchenko, Richard Scarry, Dr. Seuss, Vladimir Tatlin, Jan Tschichold, Uderzo

q)What non-visual art interest you and does this have an impact on your art?

a)All culture has an influence, not just Art. Politics, philosophy, geography, history, economics, etc. all have an effect.

q)What do you think about artists using the Internet as a forum for sharing their work?

a)I think it is no longer noteworthy.

q)What is your favourite toy, game or other artefact from your youth (and do you still own it)?

a)I loved Lego when I was a child. I certainly no longer play with it, nor own any, but I think the mindset of building one's own worlds has stayed with me.

q)Got any new projects planned?

a)A book of drawings.



q)What advice can you give to other artists to help them improve their chances of survival in this global village we call our home?

a)None.

q)Favourite books/authors?

a)Jane Austen, H.P. Lovecraft, Cormac McCarthy, John Updike

q)Favourite music?

a)I like all kinds of music.



q)What do you fear most?

a)Disorder.

q) Your contacts…

a) http://www.studiojarvis.com/

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page