Google

martedì 7 dicembre 2010

Interview with Lauren Poor





q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?

a)I am Lauren Poor. I am from around Washington DC and I'm living in NYC.

q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?

a)I mainly take pictures, most often digitally, but I also love to paint, make videos, and create just about anything.

q)What do you think sets your work apart?

a)I'm not sure, I think everyone's art is different because they've made it and not someone else.

q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”

a)I've never had a showing. I would like to though and am working on some ways to do that. I don't think I've had a big break.

q)What are some things that have inspired you?

a)I've been very inspired by Harmony Korine and Elliott Smith although I'm not sure if that inspiration is always apparent in my work. The inspiration that is used for my work is that which I get from the suburbs, my friends and life. To be honest, I am inspired by too much to put my finger on or explain.

q)What have you been working on recently?

a)Lately I've been working on a ton of different projects, some that produce physical work and some that involve making magazines or bringing artists together. I've been experimenting with little videos and have been wanting to make a film for a while now. There is so much work to be done it is overwhelming.

q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?

a)Yeah, sure, I like to listen to a bunch of different things, but I constantly love Elliott Smith, Ben Folds, The Smiths, The Mountain Goats, Cat Stevens, and Rilo Kiley. I often listen to mixes while I work and I love mixes from this site: http://8tracks.com/teacakes because they have such a wide variety of music.

q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?

a)Of course, but maybe in some way they are all somewhat related to each other. I like to make little videos and stop motions and design magazines and create hats and paintings.

q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?

a)I don't know, I've never shown my work! But as for most things, I'd guess that it would be best to just be motivated and do what you like.

q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)I wish. I have a secret project involving this subject, so I can't really say. If I go into an apple store I pull my website up on every computer, does that count?

q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)http://laurenpoor.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lapoor/

http://lapoorvideos.tumblr.com/

http://namemag.tumblr.com/

http://untitledcollective.tumblr.com/

1 Commenti:

Alle 10 dicembre 2010 alle ore 23:06 , Anonymous greenjars ha detto...

oh, i thought it's lady gaga...

hang on man,

 

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page