Google

giovedì 31 gennaio 2008

Interview with Amy Casey

q)Name?

a)Amy Casey

q)Location?

a)Cleveland, Ohio.

q)Contact info…?

a) http://www.amycaseypainting.com/

q)How did you get started making art?

a)I have always been drawn to making things, for as far back as I can remember. A combination of two teachers in my high school sort of twisted my arm to get more serious and focused, especially towards painting.

q)How would you describe your art?

a)Landscape paintings missing most of the land, kind of both whimsical and depressing at the same time.

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a)Things I see around me, things I worry about. Also the work is very self informed, often paintings grow out questions I have about earlier paintings.

q)What other artists inspire you?

a)Lately I’ve been revisiting Henri Rousseau and Bill Traylor.

q)Where can someone purchase your works?

a) http://www.zggallery.com/

q)What is your main medium of choice?

a)Acrylic paint .


q)What are you working on now?

a)Finishing up work for a show at Limited Addiction gallery in Denver, Colorado

q)What advice could you give to someone who wants to be an artist?

a)Keep working, make things you are interested in.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a)Working a day job, sleeping, gardening, quilting and struggling to learn other languages. Squeezing my cats, Frankie and Wanda.


q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)I think music can be both a great escape and also a way to think about things in my life, especially my past. But then I’m terribly sentimental.

q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)In it’s entirety? I’m not certain. Generally, I’d say a way to communicate with other people and conversely an opening into a completely self contained reality in my head.

q) Are there some web sites that you would like to recommend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?

a)I’m not too superconnected..offhand, I can think of Amy Kligman, a painter met here who is now in St. Louis,
www.amykligman.com and Scott Radke, an artist in cleveland http://www.scottradke.com/

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page